|The Standards of Learning for Science identify academic content for essential components of the science curriculum at different grade levels. Specific content strands include Scientific Investigation; Reasoning and Logic; Force, Motion and Energy; Matter; Life Processes; Interrelationships in Earth/Space Systems; Earth Patterns, Cycles, and Change; Resources. Therefore, as a result of science instruction, students will be able to
- Develop and use an experimental design in scientific inquiry.
- Use the language of science to communicate understanding.
- Investigate phenomena using technology.
- Apply scientific concepts, skills, and processes to everyday experiences.
- Experience the richness and excitement of scientific discovery of the natural world through the historical and collaborative quest for knowledge and understanding.
- Make informed decisions regarding contemporary issues.
- Develop scientific dispositions and habits of mind.
- Explore science-related careers and interests.